MSC Artisan Academy
The MSC Artisan Academy is a Technical Training Academy with a difference.
- We work closely with the industry to create entry pathways for school leavers into the workplace.
- We offer artisan related –training programmes and qualifications that meet the technical skills demands of the industry.
- We use cutting edge technology to deliver these programmes and qualifications.
- We focus on ensuring student success and work readiness, by valuing quality and not quantity
The MSC Artisan Academy was born out of years of working with industry - to find solutions to the skills crisis in South Africa. The Academy has been built around bringing some of these solutions to life and we differentiate ourselves from other training institutions in three ways:
- By being able to understand and respond to the skills demands of industries, and ensuring that our students are adequately equipped to grasp the opportunities that exist in industry.
- By matching students to the most suitable programmes and the workplaces so that they have the best chance to succeed.
- By delivering our curriculum through a unique blended learning approaches to ensure optimal flexibility and best use of technology, combining e-learning, face-to-face tutoring and practical application.
MSC Artisan Academy manages a demand and supply process, bridging the skills that are needed in a particular industry ,student preferences and ability to work in the target industry. MSC Artisan Academy actively engages industry partners to ensure upon completion of a training intervention, students have access to relevant workplaces for further development through Work Integrated Learning (WIL).
MSC Artisan Academy aims to:
- Provide students with high quality, national and internationally recognised qualifications that are aligned to the skills demands of industry
- Focus on employability and preparing youth for first-time entry into the workplace